Thursday, February 3, 2022

Snow!

I love snow. It's so pretty. Clean, smooth. It erases so much of the ugly of winter. 

(It was actually dark, night mode on my phone lightened it this much. Love the capture of the low clouds.)

Pretty boy wearing his sister's old sleep sack. We have very few things saved, so he's lucky he rarely gets put in something pink. I seem to remember Micah wearing a lot of pink as a baby...

Well it isn't mountains I see from my sink. But if you ignore the dead flowers that are photobombing, there's a great view of the trees. In the fall, I had great color there. now I have pretty snow. It's way too cold to get a better picture. 

Judah learned a new trick today, hiding things in the couch. This morning, we caught him putting his special boot socks in the couch. This afternoon, he was hiding things again. This time, just a torn up (clean) wet wipe he was having fun with. Remind me when something is missing to look in the couch!

The middle four went skiing today. (Bryan keeps failing to take any photos for me. Apparently, he would rather snowboard than take pics...whereas I only ski to take pics and follow beginners on greens and blues.) 

Judah and I stayed home and accomplished seemingly nothing. 3 days worth of dishes, a shower, dinner, and tightening all the kitchen chair hardware is all I have to show for my day. I always think I'm going to paint or catch up on laundry or something more noticeable. 

Selah won some rubber ducks from the claw machine at the ski resort for Judah. Her friend, Lily, knows all the tricks and helped her succeed! Now Jude has some ducks to talk to until the pond thaws and the other come back! 

Dont let that face fool you, he loved them. I think he was wondering why they were so quiet and small.

What a dinner! Bison vegetable soup, watermelon, and blueberries! He and I both loved the soup and ate way too much. Luckily for us, no one but Bryan would even try the soup, so there's plenty of leftovers! (Jonah went to dinner with friends or he would probably have at least tried it.)

Poor EJ had a first Reconciliation prep meeting tonight at the church. He was so tired after skiing he had to really work up the effort to muster through. And the roads were awful. We got another couple of inches both during the day and this evening. Bryan estimated 10 inches when he went to snow blow. Elijah will measure for us tomorrow, I am sure.

Micah was brushing his teeth. Judah wanted his toothbrush. Micah got Judah his own toothbrush. You can see how well that went over. Judah wanted MICAH'S toothbrush.

Bryan was snowblowing and Judah was looking for him. He was pretty proud of his climbing and ability to see out the window himself!

No comments: