Friday, February 11, 2022

Virtual Lourdes Pilgrims


Just your average morning, Judah crawling around with a giant skewer about to take out his eye.  Don't ask.  I have no idea.  But I did take it away. 

This really is your average morning. Big trucks out back,  Judah enjoyed the show. 

You may think he didn't like pears.  But you'd be wrong. He doesn't like pear CHUNKS. He doesn't like pear JUICE. He doesn't like pear PUREE. If he can bite it off himself,  he LOVES pear.  Hope you're not in a hurry, this is a slow pieces even when the skin has been removed. 

We had a morning.  I mean,  after the above parts of the morning,  which were fine.  
Judah had an appt for his pre-op covid test.  The hospital is very picky about the brand and type and gave us a location. I made the appt 2 ish weeks ago,  online,  having to supply all the info like I was donating a kidney.  

So we drive there this morning,  it's 35 minutes away.  Judah falls asleep. I pull up and go read the signs on the door,  as many places want you to stay in your car for covid tests. Nope.  So I park and wake him up. We go on to this very interesting looking pharmacy in the middle of a very Muslim area.  Everything is in Arabic and I'm clearly the only one who isn't middle eastern in sight.  

There's 3 people waiting when I walk in, who all just watch us.  Lady asks rudely in broken English if she can help me.  I tell her we have an appt and she asks if it's for me. Nope.  The little guy, I say.  She says I can't help you, we don't do babies.  Umm,  what? Then she asks his age.  I say he's one,  13 months.  She says nope,  they have to be 5. (Like there was some confusing that he might be close to 5 so you clarified?!) She just repeated, "sorry,  can't help you" and went about helping someone else. 

I was rather dumbfounded. Went to the car and called the hospital.  The nurse was so apologetic and found me another place, one down in Warren. Luckily, they did same day and we were able to go on over there. Judah feel alseep again in the 12 minute drive. I couldn't believe i had to wake him twice already, and they were about to shove the test up his nose.

Luckily it went as best as it probably could have. The guy was gentle and it was quick.  


Also, across the street was a bakery I'd been to years ago for paczki day.  We stopped since it's that time of year, and scored bread and pizza as well.  None of which Judah nor I could eat...but we're good sports.

We ended the day with a virtual Lourdes pilgrimage at Assumption Grotto. We got some Lourdes water and prayed the rosary while walking through the cemetery to the grotto. That part was cold,  but overall it was all so nice.  St. Bernadette, pray for us. Our Lady of Lourdes, pray for us.  

Poor kid feel asleep.  Again.  And mama had to wake him so he could take his meds and put in his boots! Can't wait until we are done with both of those! 

No comments: