Thursday, February 17, 2022

End of Day Two

Not a terrible day. Better than yesterday. He's pretty uncomfortable with the pressure in his abdomen.  Besides that,  doing quite well.  May get to go home Saturday if things keep improving. 

Trying to play cars with Dad, but not feeling great. 

A picture book instead!

Napping on Mom. 

We were gifted a beautiful relic from some friends when I was expecting Judah. It's been in or by his bed his whole life.  He likes to say hi to Jesus. 

It's hard to tell in pictures, but this was the first night.  You can see his zyphoid process that sticks out some creating a bit of an angle.  
Not the greatest comparison photo, but there's no angle and everything is so tight.  And given that all the surgery and stitching was in that area, I can only imagine the discomfort.

 (Actually, I can imagine it without the surgery part,  because I believe the pressure felt similar to when I had polyhydramnios while pregnant with him.  Breathing was difficult, eating and moving were just a no thanks. Sleeping was a joke. Add in the incision pain, it's gotta be rough.)

He chatted with his siblings,  gave Elijah a sweet smile. (Not entirely sure why EJ looks like a greasy mechanic here. I didn't notice the spot live.)

The storm has started. It's so pretty. That house at the back is the Ronald McDonald house. At night it reminds me of a ski lodge.

5 pm. And 18 steps recorded. I've probably had a few more walking to the bathroom and whatnot but I could use some exercise!

Spending some time with Solanus Casey. He was super restless and as soon as we placed that on his belly he settled. We've been asking his intercession and I thinks he's obliging to pray for Jude, with us.


Its really been coming down. Just gets prettier as it accumulates. Much more small ski resort like out there, now. (Sorry for the reflection of the room.)

830pm. It's cold. It's snowing.  And I'm up to 70 steps. Ready for home!




No comments: