Tuesday, February 22, 2022

We made some progress with fluids today. He's still not wanting much to do with his bottles but he's nursing a lot more.  8 don't know that he's getting enough milk to be sufficient calorie wise (he's lost so much weight already) but I think he's getting enough to be hydrated. Of course, he's now having severe issues with the GI tract needing to slow down (We're talking 15 diapers in a day) so losing fluids there,  too.

This send to be the main issue today.  He woke up in the middle of the night with a high pitched scream. I've never heard that scream before,  and it terrified me. I took him downstairs,  took off his boots, changed his diaper,  looked under his clothes, checked the incision fearful something was not right.  Everything looked good so I tried nursing and he started making diapers.  Seems it was just pain from that.

This has been the whole day. He is on edge, doesn't relax, can't be set down even asleep. It's a particularly difficult thing for me,  as it took SO long to get where we were last week.  He had 5 good nights before surgery. I really felt like I could move him into his own room, just need to get a bed together. 

Now we're back to where we were last summer. Pure misery.  I did manage to get his probiotic into him today, and a half dose yesterday.  It took about 2 months to finally make progress once we got him on the probiotic. I'm really hoping it isn't so long this time. But not only was he on iv broad spectrum antibiotics in the hospital, his daily antibiotic more than doubled. 

In happier news, he are some food today! Hummus, of course. A good amount. And a few bites of coconut yogurt. I have him a spoon and a container this afternoon in desperation to wash my pump parts and maybe load the dishwasher.  Dishwasher didn't get loaded,  but Judah got a bath! 


It was a much needed bath,  he hadn't had one in over a week.  He smelled so nice and fresh tonight,  and his hair was so soft and curly. 

Missing that belly, he looks so much older without it. Probably because he lost weight,  too. 

I was trying to load that dishwasher again (and succeeded!), so I asked the kids to entertain him for a few.  They played his and seek with him.  Elijah is in the ottoman and Judah is peeking through the gap to see him. He loved it.  

No comments: