Saturday, May 29, 2021

Showing Off

Theres nothing like a black tshirt to make you look like a troublemaker-or at least a tough guy. Someone is looking rather thick, as well!

This was also a new trick. Put Judah to sleep. Set in bouncer in bathroom and shower. It worked! He slept while I showered AND got dressed and washed bottles!! Too bad he's almost too big for the bouncer. Still searching for that long term sleep solution... 


"What do you mean, free-feet time is over? Dad said I never had to wear them again!

 Also, did you see me sitting up here all by myself?! Great distraction tool! You're not supposed to notice my hour is up!"
"Dad! Mom's trying to make me put my boots back on! She wasn't even impressed that I was sitting up!" 
So that's not exactly true. I was so impressed, I cried. This is the kid they told us had a high probability of not making it to birth. And then once he did, that he would struggle to meet his milestones. But here he is, AT FOUR AND A HALF MONTHS, sitting up for periods of time unsupported! Without an abdominoplasty. What a Rockstar. That's a milestone that doesn't need to be reached until the end of 7 months. It's also my favorite milestone of all because they can sit and play but not run away!! Self-entertaining while still captive, it really doesn't get much better. (Seriously, it's better than sleeping through the night, in my opinion.)

To be fair, he's still not rolling over on his own. But he's getting closer. The combo of the weight (and restrictions) of the boots and bar, along with the weaker/thin abdominal muscles certainly make this one harder for him. 

And perhaps the fact that he doesn't spend that much time lying down. 🤔 

What can I say...he's a well-loved kid number 6! 

No comments: