Sunday, May 2, 2021

The Lord's Day...and House Visit Day!

Sick kids meant we just took the baby to Mass while the rest watched it on TV. We went to St Andrew. It was a WEIRD church. But they had this fabulous Holy Family 3D picture made of concrete. It would make the best grotto if I could ever find/afford it. I was holding a sleeping baby when Mass ended so I never did grab a picture you'll have to envision it in your mind.

The weather was amazing today. 80 degrees. And the kids felt too yucky to go anywhere. It was sad. So we drug them to the new house for a bit. Met the neighbors behind us who seemed nice. And Bryan worked on his back patio plans.

Exterior is getting there. Porch, driveway,  sidewalks are all poured. Door and columns need paint. I don't love it because I really hate vinyl siding... and because I had to pick colors virtually and this is not what I had in mind...but I'll keep the complaining to a minimum. The space will be great! 5 weeks and 3 days to go.


So the kids haven't moved in yet and there are holes in the wall at both the front and back door. I'm actually quite annoyed about this.
Well this one is only a dent so far. But that's what the back door spot looked like last week...
We were hoping for counters, but we have an island and more cupboards. Super excited for kitchen space again.

Oh so glad to have an entryway, small as it is. In CO, entryways aren't really a thing and I turned down a lot of houses because I did not like walking right into the living room. I also hated that the entry we did have was pretty much just the stairs with a little space in front but it was better than nothing. This is a step up from that, no stairs and no living room.

I mean, have you seen what my living room usually looks like?! Y'all don't want to open the door and be overwhelmed before you even walk in! 

However, the white is blinding. This builder nickel and dimed us to death so I could only afford the one color package. I surely didn't want colored ceilings or trim so white it all is. Can't wait to paint, although it'll be an adventure with an infant. 

It's so white you can hardly tell where the walls are!

This is the classroom, I'm grateful it is a nice large space.


Umm...what on Earth. Why are there little wood pieces coming down?! 

Best part of the whole house...these cute kids we found! 

No comments: