Wednesday, July 15, 2009

We made it home without further incident...

But of course that was short-lived!
We got home about 8, and hadn't had dinner yet, as we had stopped for a late lunch. The boys wanted mac & cheese (the blue box kind, of course.) So while that was cooking and Bryan was unloading the car, I put the boys in the bath. But they wanted a shower. We have hand-held shower head, and it was spraying too far back, so I was attempting to move it, when I knocked the whole thing down. The sprayer went swinging and just happened to catch Poor Noah in the face. Because apparently 2 head injuries weren't enough, and he needed a third for the weekend. Oh, but it gets better! When Jonah saw that Noah's head was bleeding, he freaked and started yelling. (It was actually pretty funny, because you would have thought Noah was going to die the way Jonah was carrying on! I was laughing so hard trying to calm the two of them down!) Well, he was in the middle of his shower, and managed to slip and fall. Banged his elbow pretty good, and now has a softball-sized bruise on his arm/elbow. Talk about drama!
I was going to take him in and have them glue it, so it wouldn't scar so much, being on his face like that. But Bryan didn't think it was that bad, and looking at the pictures, it really doesn't look that bad. It was pretty deep, but small. So I put some Neosporin and a band-aid on it, and it actually doesn't look bad at all. Glad Bryan kept me from wasting my night at the ER!
But Poor Noah, what a weekend!
And Monday was blessedly without incident . But Tuesday... well, Tuesday night was a bit dramatic again! We had gotten the boys in bed and were just picking up a little bit more before putting Selah to bed. And the next thing you know, Selah fell down the basement stairs. Well, she screamed for a few minutes, and then seemed fine. I think Bryan and I were more upset than she was. I still feel sick thinking about it. I am actually very grateful neither of us actually saw her fall, because I know I'd be reliving the whole incident continuously. Thankfully, she seems no worse for the wear! Her collar bone area seems a little bruised (not sure how that happened) but not a bump to be found on her head! So besides a terrible night's sleep- maybe she had a headache- she seems to be her normal self. And hopefully that was the end of the drama for us for awhile!!!
I hope to get some pictures of the trip up soon, bear with me, there's a lot to catch up on around here, and the boys start school on Monday! (So that we can take at least a month off when I have the baby.)
Hope you all have had a less eventful weekend!

1 comment:

Strawser 6 said...

awww...I feel so bad for all of them. Jonah will heal fine and poor Noah might have a scar. At least Selah wont remember her fall down the stairs. Just watch, Im sure she will try to go down again. Crazy kids!
Cavin has a scar from his Disney fall. The kids in the neighborhood were calling him Harry Potter since it looks like a mini lightning bolt on his head. Poor kid!