Friday, July 31, 2009

Growing up

For dinner, I am having cornflakes, biscuit and a couple of peas. I have decided that I will no longer be partaking in any baby food. I made this decision yeasterday, and, well, I was a little hungry last night, so I got up twice to eat. This was after sleeping through the night for 7 of 8 nights. Mom was not thrilled. But I held out today, & it paid off! She said it's all Dad's fault because he keeps giving me food off his plate. Well, probably she's right, because Dad's food is WAY better than that junk in a jar! I mean, REALLY! Have you tried that junk? Even Mom says it bland, & she likes bland stuff! So I've won, and Mom has promised to start making all my food again, even though she SAYS she doesn't have time. Pah, what does she do all day? Fold clothes & sit at the table. She SAYS she is teaching Jonah and Noah. But I mean, REALLY! Send them to school! Don't you think I deserve a
little attention here? She's so busy she can't even make me some food? She seems to find time to cook for everyone else! What am I? A second class citizen? I mean- have you seen me? I'm almost malnurished! (Just because the doctor says I'm just petite doesn't mean he knows what he is talking about!) I barely even have a double chin! When Jonah was my age, he had at least 4- I've seen pictures! But I've decided to compromise. I have decided I will humor Mom & use this sign language junk she's been annoying me with if that means I can have REAL food. (Don't you think it's kind of ridiculous? Why can't we just be babies anymore? Now we have to TALK with our hands!) Well, I'd better go, I heard my Dad mention the dessert word, & I am going to go try my luck at getting some of that!

1 comment:

Eric and Tammy said...

Selah's stories just keep getting better! LOL She is amazing!