Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The $99,000 piece of paper...

The most expensive piece of paper we own, that's for sure! And it's "worth" even more now that I have been out of school for over a year and all that interest is accruing...but we aren't thinking about that right now!
Now some people may have deeds to their house that cost more, but, well, they have a house to show for it. This is JUST a piece of paper. I guess it says I own a bunch of knowledge. Hmmm, We can only hope so for that price!

So I finished school in April 2008, and found out DAYS before we moved from GA that I had indeed passed my comprehensive exams (That was GOD, not me!!!) and "earned" my Master's. But it was just last week that I finally got my diploma. (Took me that long to get someone to call me back when I kept inquiring!)
But there you have it.
I have been awarded the degree of Master of Science in Counseling and Psychology.
Yes, I do plan to go back to work at some point, once all the kids are in school, it'll probably be a while.
And no, I do not provide counseling for family or friends. I also do not diagnose the friends or relatives of my family and friends. I could lose my license for these things (errr, the license I have yet to test for,haha.)
But I am a good listener, and always willing to talk about things AS A FRIEND.

2 comments:

growmyown said...

What a beautiful thing that piece of paper is!

Jamie said...

I think it is great...worth every penny of that $$$. Now, for our first session, let's discuss my current family drama. Ha ha!
At least I was discussing my family drama with you well before this piece of paper showed up - so it's nothing new!
Congratulations!