Monday, March 2, 2020

Snow- filled Monday

We awoke today to a beautiful, winter wonderland. Thick, wet snow everywhere. 


And a fog rolled in to give the illusion of being all by yourself. 
Pretty decent snow given it head been 60 on Saturday and 50 on Sunday before it started.

Of course fog in the winter here is always freezing fog. Sadly, I don't have a great view to capture the phenomenon without leaving the warmth and safety of my home.  

I didn't take a picture,  but it was sunny and 46 this afternoon.  Roads, driveways, and sidewalks are clear.  Yet, there was still enough snow for the kids to play in.  Hard to complain about the weather here!



Noah was a sweetheart and made lunch today. He and Elijah were having tortilla pizzas.  I misunderstood when he asked if they could pile it on and then cook.  He meant the tortillas were uncooked.  Noah's came out well (no sauce, of course) but Elijah piled on the sauce and the tortilla puffed and looked much like a volcano. Unfortunately,  it didn't cook like a volcano and was still pretty translucent.  Elijah claimed it like it just like that and seemed to enjoy it tremendously. But next time I think we'll either precook the tortilla or bake it a bit before topping! Less messy that way. 

After all the excitement of playing in the snow and a nice hot lunch (and later dinner), I was brushing Elijah's teeth.  
He expressed dismay and frustration about the unfairness of life.  When I asked why he was so frustrated he replied: 

"In all of my 7 years, I've only lost 4 teeth!"
 
Of all the atrocities in the world, I admit I'm grateful somedays for those little frustrations. I actually have the answer to that one. 

No comments: