Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Rainy days

Don't you just LOVE rainy days? Especially when more than one occur in a row? And you have boys who are going stir crazy because the haven't REALLY been outside in 6 months (stupid Michigan winters!)
First I hear quiet talking in their bedroom. Never good. They were supposed to be getting dressed and it's been at least 10 minutes since they dissappeared. So Selah and I investigate and find every pillow we have in a pile on their bedroom floor. They were preparing to jump off the top bunk. They as in the 7 year old and the 3 year old. And the pillows? Probably not close enough to the bed to land on, especially for the 3 year old. Lovely. I know some parents allow this, I am not one of them. I have a decent sized copay for ER and I also do not have a car. So all emergencies require either an ambulance (don't want to find out how much of that I have to pay) or a 30-40 minute wait for Bryan to get home, assuming he's not too busy (ha ha.)
Well, having been thwarted at their first attempt at fun for the day (as Japanese fighter pilots most likely) they have moved on to being... Well, I'm not totally sure. The Special Agent version of Rambo and his sidekick, maybe?
I figure the danger level for this is only about a 4 (see the Augusta stop on the big trip for the last blood-induced bed playing) so I suppose we will take the risk...

2 comments:

Strawser 6 said...

aw, you're no fun. Jumping off the top bunk is the ONLY way to have fun, and truly experience being Japanese!

Eric and Tammy said...

Ok now that was so much funnier than the text messaging version! LOL