Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Big Trip- Stop 3

Stop 3 on our trip found us in Fredericksburg, Virginia. We stopped to visit my friend Jamie and her family. Unfortunately her husband is in Iraq right now, but Bryan managed to occupy himself with the Wii- in fact he beat Mario Galaxy while we were there- in only 3 days! (This doesn't count toward the no video games for a year= a dog, that I still haven't agreed to, because we weren't at home. You can give a sigh of relief, he didn't give up that easily!)
So Jamie has 3 kids (and a stepson, but he wasn't there).
Caden just turned 5, Cavin turns 4 on Easter, and Jacie will be one on the 22nd. (Their kid's birthdays are even closer together than ours!) Needless to say, the kids get along great and everyone has someone to play with (except Bryan, but he had that Wii). You can check out Jamie's blog if you have time later. (Depends on if I ever shut up, right?)

Cavin and Noah, the pop singer.
(Can you believe that they are only 5 months apart? Cavin is SO much bigger than Noah!)
Here's Jacie, having a snack.

Selah and Jacie, best friends already.
(Jacie passes all her clothes on to Selah, so Selah thinks she is great. So do I for that matter! It's gonna suck when they are in the same size!)

Selah! I've got 4 teeth!
What do you think of that?

I'll tell you what I think of that!
I have 6 teeth! So there!

Wow, Selah! You really DO have 6 teeth!
Thanks for not biting me!

I'll tell you what, though Selah! I eat real food, so I am stronger and I can ...

get your ear!
What about that?

Well I can take off your socks! I already took mine off!

Hey, Mom! This is fun!

Well since I am so strong I can probably punch you!

I can definitely pull you over!

What, Mom? I AM playing nice! We're discussing shoes!

See, just a hug!

Wow! That was pretty much what my brothers do to me all day!

HEY! Can you teach me how to do that stuff? That was cool!

SURE! First, you have to grab a handful of clothes.

Then you just pull really hard until they fall over!
Simple!
Jacie and Selah got along fine, and even kind of shared toys. Seemed like they were on two totally different schedules and didn't really see each other that much, one of them always seemed to be sleeping!
Cavin, the chef. making us tacos for dinner!

I was just making sure the cheese was still good!
Tastes fine to me!
We had a fun visit- Thanks for everything Jamie! Life was a little crazy with 3 adults and 6 kids running around for a few days! Sorry we missed you, Chris! Hope we can do it again soon ;)

2 comments:

Eric and Tammy said...

The Selah and Jacie comments were hysterical! I loved it another good time!

Strawser 6 said...

Selah and Jacie were pretty funny, weren't they? I cant wait to see all these kids as they grow up together. Can you believe there are 6 of them? And to think...we met many many years ago, before you and Bryan were even married!