Monday, December 6, 2021

St Nick Day!



Don't mind the haphazard start to decorating.  It'll get there eventually, Bryan brought it all up and had thrown up random things here and there.  I think it's too early so I try to ignore it for now.  

St Nick Day is one of the kids' favorite traditions. Of course,  the first year we did it,  I took it a step further and used it as an opportunity to buy the kids new shoes. So now they always get new shoes.  It actually works out just fine when I'm organized.  We don't do back to school shopping so it's kinda like that for us. 

But when life is still a disaster from moving and a new baby... I'm shopping the night before. And calling Bryan to go find shoe bins in the basement to double check who needs what. It would have been a great year to buy them all new ski boots because I think they ALL need new boots,  but that isn't my realm and I want organized enough to get the info from Bryan.  

And let me tell you,  shopping last night was miserable.  Pouring/ freezing rain.  Intense wind.  30s. Jude and I had quite the adventure as it took 3 stores to find Micah slippers! I was good on all but Micah and Noah so I thought it would be quick. Anyway,  we survived.  

And here's Judah,  sporting his new shoes.  He loved them and made the kids walk him around for a good 15 minutes this am.  He screamed if they stopped or anyone (me included)  tried to pick him up.  


More Christmas clutter,  and Judah fixing his boots! I think he was trying to make them more flexible like his new shoes!

We also had a doll hospital going on this morning.  Judah wrote on Selah's ACTUAL American Girl doll with a pen.  I was watching him while pumping and he crawled under the desk and wouldn't come out. By the time I got him out, disaster had occurred. Selah was crushed as she waited many years to be old enough to be trusted with a doll that cost over a hundred dollars. She's very upset. So far our repair efforts have been unsuccessful.  We've used alcohol and baking soda and there's certain improvement but it's still obvious. And no,  reminding her that she has ruined half of my house in her 13 years did not,  in fact,  improve her attitude. 

Bryan gave the advent wreath a good, healthy,  24-hour soak. Judah wants to know why he can't play with his toys!

These suckers right here are Giant Sequoia seedlings. They're a Christmas gift,  so you likely won't get to watch them grow up over the next 500 years, but we were all a bit shocked at their size.  Grow quickly!

Hmm... wreath soaks are messy.  Looks like we'll wait the bath again until tomorrow!

No comments: