Thursday, December 9, 2021

Busy day, pictures were scarce. Elijah took this one during prayer this morning. 


And Judah was helping make some cookies for the bake sale at the kids' partnership tomorrow. Cutest little helper. (Don't worry, you can't see it in the picture but I never took my hand off of him. I don't want to see that go down.)

Of note,  I used a different recipe for snickerdoodles because my cookbook is still in a box. I looked up multiple and they all seemed to be the same.  And so, I made that recipe... with weighed flour rather than scooped. Fail. Weighing is great for bread making,  and I love the simplicity. But I'm clearly not ready to venture into weighing flour for cookies.  Or I at least need to trust my gut and add more flour when the dough looks like a batter. Needless to say, they're sad and I doubled the recipe, of course. 

Buckeyes came out nicely, though. Evens the score a bit.

No comments: