Monday, December 13, 2021

St Lucia Buns and Handsome Young Men.

This handsome guy came down looking all spiffy this morning, didn't he? Too bad those are yesterday's clothes he's still wearing...

New "invention" blueberry oat pancakes. Ground oats, oat milk, sugar blueberries. I even threw some maple syrup on top. (Maybe shouldn't have but maybe okay.) Not half bad! I felt like I was eating somewhat normally at breakfast. Too bad they were flat and gummy. 

Selah's working on a new quilt courtesy a kit she bought at the bazaar. One row done, and while I wouldn't have put the two yellows together, I was just glad they didn't touch the blue! 

And today's main event- St Lucia Rolls! 

Patron saint of the blind. Bringer of light. Eyes gouged out. Martyr. She pretty cool.

I Would have loved to have a procession as they do in many European countries but I don't think the boys would have dressed in white gowns and with only one daughter, it isn't much of a procession. 

This was our first time, though I bought the saffron last year with good intentions. 


They came out so pretty! But I guess they basically were just rolls. I skipped the raisins because eww. And didn't have any pearl sugar for the top. Next year we will try pearl sugar. If they are still unimpressive,  I'm resorting to the cheater method of cinnamon rolls because this was way too much work for mediocre taste. Authentic or not! 

The dough was a fabulous texture though! 

And I'll leave you with this kid. Asleep. Still in his church clothes from Sunday morning. On Monday night. How is this comfortable?! Ugh. Guess who's showering in the am?!

No comments: