Thursday, November 18, 2021



Well, the quinoa was a fail. Hope it only effects one night's sleep! 

Interestingly enough, he had the hiccups when we were at adoration. I've had a lot of people in my TED (total elimination diet) group say that was the first sign of a fail. I mentioned it to Bryan and he mentioned that he can't even ever remember Judah having the hiccups. (Clearly, rare.)

His first stretch was an hour (long for him) so I was hopeful...that was the best one we had, I do believe. I woke up at one point, I think the 7th time, thinking it had to be morning already only to find it had been 15 minutes...and wasn't even 1 am yet. Poor Judah. 

From 4 -6 we just rocked in the rocking chair. It's not my favorite, but I do try to enjoy it. While I miss sleep, I have to say in all honesty there's no where I would rather be than with my baby. It's a blessing to be here. It's a blessing that he's here. And I try to  soak it all up knowing it won't last forever. I don't think I'll MISS rocking for hours in the dark, but I'll miss him being little. I'll miss the sweet feeling of holding him. And I'm grateful to be able to do something to comfort him, at least some of the time. I so appreciate the patience God has bestowed on me, and the physical ability to keep functioning despite the lack of sleep . 

He was refusing his bottle this morning, too. That had me even more worried as he didn't nurse as much during the night, he just wanted to rock. 
So I was relieved when he finally drank one. 

He just has that tense look, not a peaceful sleep. He did take a good morning nap, despite it all. And then refused his second nap. Can't win them all, I guess.

Here's Elijah, showing off his miracle from adoration last night. 


Judah really enjoys playing in the teepee.

Real life conversation-
Mom, can q I have some of this chocolate.  

No comments: