Friday, November 12, 2021

Bison and Bisque.

Had some volunteer time today at Quo Vadis, where the kids do their Friday electives.  Judah came to keep me company.  He could only sit for so long and then I finally acquiesced and allowed him to crawl around.  Another little boy was playing with him and climbed under the table. When Judah followed,  he took the tunnel option but forgot that his caboose is bigger than his engine. He was so cute, not bad,  just confused.  Ultimately, he needed to be rescued. 


Bison! We haven't quite made it 2 weeks on the probiotic, and we are still at a quarter of a dose, but someone just can't wait to try another food. So here we are, enjoying bison!

He ate a fair amount, well the bowl was empty anyway. Seemed a good amount met the floor, highchair, and his clothes. But I definitely think he enjoyed it, so yay for that! Here's hoping our night isn't horrible. 

Putting the finishing touches on his lobster bisque! 

It came out pretty. Word around the house was that it was good. (I mean, in all honesty,, Elijah and Noah wouldn't try it. Selah thought it was gross. Uncle Mickey and Aunt Dianne went out family so they didn't try it. But Bryan and Jonah enjoyed it and I think Micah like it,  too. It certainly wasn't thrown out!) 

Maybe not a weekly choice both due to work and cost involved, but I'm glad Jonah's stretching his cooking beyond fried chicken and fish! (And yes, I made some tortellini and fish sticks to supplement because I had a feeling I'd have some hungry kids at bedtime.)



No comments: