Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween 2008

It was a great Halloween.
It only cost me $20 for candy and $45 for a fog machine (and fog).
Jonah borrowed a costume from Tyler next door, he was Bobofet- from Star Wars.
Noah's costume came out of the dress up clothes- he was a firefighter.
Selah wore Noah's old costume- she was a chicken.
Bryan found his wizard costume at the last minute- THANKFULLY!
And I do not do Halloween. I wore a black shirt and toted Selah in the front pack while schlepping the kids around the neighborhood. That's enough.

Why do I have to be a chicken?
I REALLY do not want to be a chicken.

DID YOU HEAR ME?
I SAID "I DO NOT WANT TO BE A CHICKEN!!!!"
Selah won. She just wore her Baby's first Halloween outfit.
Is that a fire? Here I come!
(Bryan is in the background, and I do not know why his costume says ARMY. I think maybe his shorts are showing through- weird.)

Getting the fog machine ready.

Noah, riding on the fire engine!
(Had we thought of it earlier, we would have dressed it up as one! He was slow -as he is wearing Jonah's boots- and so it was the only solution.)


The pirate ship.
Y'all, they built this out of wood. It took them over a month. And all we can think is what will they do with it after Halloween?

The other view.


This is the house across the street. Their cannon is lined up at the ship.


Jonah, coming out of the "Haunted House." That's Tyler, dressed up as a Jamaican. And if you look closely, You can see Jaclyn tearing back out the entrance. It was a little scary. Noah was not interested. In fact, He skipped about half of the houses because they were too scary.
(See why I think cute is best?)


There was even an duece and a half for the kids to climb in. With a "belt fed machine gun" as Jonah calls it.


This was my house after dark with the fog machine on. It worked pretty well, couldn't see anything, and most of the block was foggy.

Noah chose potato chips as his treat. (Okay, one of them, he had four.)


Bryan's favorite part of Noah's costume.
Marshmallows.
And sticks.
Get it?
Firefighter carrying marshmallows-to roast at the fire.
Hope they don't bring that to my house when it's on fire!

The Loot.
They made out very well- don't know what to do with it all!


Let me at it!
I'm tired of milk- I want chocolate!
Guess Selah will help us get rid of it!
One of Bryan's coworker's gave Selah this outfit. It says "Baby's First Halloween", and then you turn it around...

And get a pumpkin face. It was cute.


Ahhh. The perfect end to Halloween- pass me a Twix will ya?
Ms. Tammy was sick and couldn't come over for Halloween. But Mr. Eric came toting presents. Remember that bath tub I mentioned earlier? Well, guess Selah's Godparents thought she needed it. And so she got it for Halloween. I hope to be able to bathe her this coming weekend- there's still a little of the u. cord there.
Wasn't that sweet?
Thanks Ms. Tammy and Mr. Eric!
Now about Christmas...
I'm thinking a silver 2009 Corvette might be nice....

No comments: