Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My apologies.

I just want to apologize for anyone who was offended by Jonah's comment on Obama being a baby killer. I did not teach him that. Bryan and I had a discussion about abortion recently with Jonah. We talked about what abortion was and why we thought it was wrong. (With all of the election coverage, he kept hearing the word on the radio.) So Bryan told Jonah that I would not vote for Barack Obama because he felt abortion was okay. He does and I won't.

So a couple of weeks later, Jonah heard his name on the radio, and made his comment on him being a baby killer. He made the statement himself, and I did not argue with him. If you think it is okay to kill babies, you have to expect to hear that. Out of the mouths of babes... and all of that.

However, I truly did not mean to offend anyone. And being American, we all have the right to our own opinion. If you feel abortion is okay, that is your opinion. But we are talking about human life here. I feel that anyone who thinks it is okay to kill babies cannot possibly have the welfare of children at the top of his list. They don't need health care when they are dead.

Here's what Obama said on 31 March about his daughters:
"I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby," Obama said.

The choice should come before you get pregnant, not after. If you are old enough to get pregnant, you are old enough to take responsibility for your actions. There's always adoption. Plenty of people would love to have that baby.

We will try to keep our political views to ourselves, but it is kind of a part of who we are. Just like your's are a part of who you are.

But I am sorry about offending people.

No comments: