Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It's only Wednesday...

It all started at 4:20 a.m. on Monday. The power went out, and woke up the boys. Of course, they never fell back asleep. And we had to take Bryan to work at 5:15. (He works in Warren now which is 28 miles, as opposed to 7, and he works 6 -3, which is better in my opinion since he is home shortly after 3:30.)

So we get back to the house a little after 6, and I am desperate to go back to sleep, but the boys are ready for the day. Even better, Noah and Selah have checkups at the doctor's. Needless to say shots do not make anyone happy. Noah and Jonah got their flu shot, which I hope to not get a bill for- no one (not the insurance company nor the doctor's office know for sure-lovely.) Jonah did great, Noah did not like it. He kept saying "that shot hurt me!" And then Selah got 2. She did not like them either.

As for their reports, Noah 50th percentile weight and 25th on height. (We all knew he was short.) He has flat feet, but does get a bit of an arch on his toes, so she said they wouldn't worry about it right now. We could buy inserts for his shoes, but doc said it probably wasn't worth the money until he slows down in growth (not that he grows much as it is.)

Selah, on the other hand, is growing fine. She was 75 th percentile weight (11 lbs. 10 oz.), 50th percentile length (22.5 inches), and 25 th percentile head. Totally not proportionate, but cute anyway! They did a third treatment of Silver Nitrate to get rid of the still-lingering u. cord. And she got the stuff all over the belly button area, so it is all grayish and dead, but said it would just fall off and it was fine (gotcha, it's only my daughter's SKIN, nothing important.) Her reflux seems better, and if I could get her to take her medicine like a good girl it would probably be much better, but hey. She does not have screaming fits much anymore, so I will count my blessings. She does have a flat spot on the back of her head- as she refuses to sleep anyway but on the back of her head. Hopefully we can get her to sleep on her side to help with that. Overall, good reports on both of them!

After the dr's we ran to old navy to return some stuff, and Noah was falling asleep in the shopping cart. We run home for lunch, but now that Bryan is in Warren, we have to leave at 2- so I can feed Selah while we wait. It's after 1 so I figure Noah can sleep in the car. At 2, I have all three kids in the car, and then run Noah back in for a potty break and Bryan calls. He's getting a ride to Eric's house, so now I do not need to leave until 3. Back out of the car we go, and I decide Noah is just going to get an hour of a nap. He goes right to sleep and I feed Selah, then back out to the car. We get Bryan and life is good. Kids are crabby, but then so are we:)

Monday night, Chicken pot pie is for dinner. Somehow it comes out dry- very disappointing, but one of those days. And then I take Jonah and Selah to Wal-mart. Where they are playing CHRISTMAS MUSIC! Umm Hello? We still have Thanksgiving WEEKS away! I just want to scream. Everyone will be sick of Christmas by Thanksgiving. (On a positive note, Christmas stuff will start going on clearance before Christmas!)

Tuesday was okay. Got the whole downstairs swept, mopped and vacuumed. (Except the laundry room, as it is essential to see the floor in order to clean it. Oh, well.) Got Jonah's school work done- never mind we are 3weeks behind. And Bryan made dinner- who cares if it came out of a box? We went to vote- not that it mattered. But we tried to do what we thought was right. And finally I got to bed at 10.

Of course, Noah had already woken up crying while I was giving Selah her last feeding. Bryan went in and said he didn't know what was wrong with him. He went back to sleep.

Only to wake up at 11:52. Needless to say I did not have much patience. But finally he blew his nose and laid back down. He did sound funny though. And sure enough he woke up warm this morning. And miserable sounding. All I can say is "STAY AWAY FROM THE BABY!"

By this time I have seen the election results and I am ready to move to Canada. Hey, maybe it won't be that bad- I'm praying. I am always saying, you have to respect the President even if you don't like him or agree with him. So here's my chance to practice what I preach. (It is hard to think that MY tax dollars may go to kill babies. Even worse, viable babies. Praying REALLY hard now!)

And and to top it all off, I am all excited, as I have gotten the dishwasher unloaded before 8 a.m. Until I realize that the dishwasher was DIRTY! Great. Now I have wasted my time, i have extra dishes to wash (if the dirty dish touched a clean one- it's getting washed,too! And I just threw all the silverware in!), and I thought I was ahead of the game, but now must wait for the dishwasher to run before i can return to square one. (One of Bryan's pet peeves is a clean dishwasher and a sink full of dirty dishes when he gets home- that is most days now.) Sorry, dear.

To look toward the positive- I still have hope for a shower today. If I get one, that would be 2 days in a row, pretty much unheard of lately!

1 comment:

Love of lilacs said...

All I can say is OMG!!! : ). You are a busy little bee.