Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Well, if Noah doesn't kill me, Selah just might.

She is so wonderful, and such a good baby. She rarely cries for no (to our knowledge) reason. She smiles and coos and sleeps VERY well (compared to the boys).
So of course there has to be other drama! She STILL has not lost all of her umbilical cord. What is left they call a granuloma. (Which simply means a pea sized nodule. Describes a large variety of things.) She is now 10 weeks old, so I took her back to the doctor again. And they administered a fourth treatment of silver nitrate. They REALLY think it will come off this time (been hearing this for 6 weeks already.) We are hopeful since it has gotten pretty small, but if it does not, they will refer her to a pediatric surgeon next week.
In addition, Selah lost weight. She has a cold, so I am assuming that the cold is why she is not eating well, but it is still another stress. When I make her eat more than she wants, she just covers me in it shortly after finishing, so I have stopped trying to force her to eat. Hopefully she will begin to gain weight again. I can bring her in weekly for weight checks, but have to pay a copay for it (??) and have given them over $100 in copays for her already. Not sure why they charge me to set the kid on a scale, but whatever. If she starts to eat better, then I will not worry about it.
All in all, she's happy and pretty healthy. She is doing MUCH better now that she is on meds for her reflux! And i let her cry herself to sleep, so I do not have to walk around patting a screaming baby most of the day. She actually cries less in her crib and falls asleep quicker there than when I am holding her. The boys were big crib sleepers, too. Guess I am not that comfortable. Not going to complain!

No comments: