Tuesday, October 28, 2008

YAY!!!!

Some of Selah's umbilical cord fell off! I hope that the rest is soon to follow! You know how it is. I forgot to call Friday for a doctor's appt. Then when I called Saturday morning, they were triple booked (TRIPLE? No wonder they are rich and we wait forever to be seen for 30 seconds!) So they gave me an appt for Monday morning. And then, of course, the main chunk comes off Saturday night. And by Sunday night most of the inflamation is gone. So I called and cancelled her appt Monday, since she has a check up next week anyway. I can't wait to give the kid a bath!! And I am super glad that I did not buy her a bay bath tub, since she will be bigger than it by the time she can get in! (Have you seen the new jacuzi one? I wanted to get her that one, but it was 60 bucks. And I can put her in the big tub for free.)

Selah is 8 weeks old today. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT???? It goes faster with each kid, I swear. She is super sweet and cute, loves to smile after she eats, Is holding on to stuff and batting at stuff, and does wonderful holding up her head. So well that I let her face forward in the front pack carrier yesterday and she did well. Loved it!

It is amazing how quickly they become a part of your life! It's great having a little girl and I don't know what I would do without her. (Have I mentioned that she sleeps a lot? Like twice what the boys did? Do you think that she is just sucking up for the nightmare of the teenage years?) But I did come to a conclusion as to why you can never remember what it was like without them, even when you just had them (babies, I mean). I think it is because your life changes slowly over the pregnancy, so that by the time you have the baby, they are already in your heart and a part of your family. It is just natural.

Bryan says I write too much, so I appologize. I think it is because he doesn't talk to me.... :)

1 comment:

Strawser 6 said...

I know exactly what you mean about not knowing what it is like without the baby. Jacie is only 6 months old, but she is such a part of our life that I cannot imagine life without her.
I'm glad Selah's belly button is finally getting better. I bet she will love to have a real bath!
Oh, and I LOVE Noah's outfits! He is definitely a fashion designer in the making!