Sunday, October 19, 2008

A trip to the Cider Mill

I have missed the changing of the leaves so much that I will take a picture through the window! It sure does feel more like fall up here with the cold air (read: frost at night, or as Noah calls it, "frosting") and beautiful colors in the trees. So much better than those scrubby pines of Augusta!
We went to what is called a Cider Mill last weekend. They make cider there. Hence the term. :)
Anyway, that is where the pumpkin patches are around here. And they really go all out. And it cost us 60 bucks! Quite unexpected but the boys had a blast and Selah and I got some fresh air...though it was 85 and HOT!
This one is for you, Cookie! It's a northern thing!
(Jeremy is from FL and came to our wedding many moons ago. On the way there were many corn mazes, and he found it hilarious.)
DAD! I didn't mean to get us lost! It doesn't mean I can't go to the Academy. I am only 7!




Bryan is trying really hard not to be annoyed with me for asking to take a picture. Best part? Wasn't the best picture.
OH, Well!

Notice Noah. Yeah, you go check it out, Jonah. I'll wait here in case I need to go for help!


In the story book barn listening to the story of Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater. Note their heads....
And to their shock...
A very frightening looking wife came out of the pumpkin!


Being a good big brother, Helping Noah up the pyramid.
(Jonah is in the Where's Waldo looking shirt.)
Where's Waldo? Err, Jonah?
Made it to the top I see.

I thought this was funny. you can't really read it though. It say Bunnyville
Population 2, 8 ,16 ?With the numbers crossed out. Cuter in person.


Rabbit stew for dinner tonight!


Aren't the houses cute? If I ever let the kids get bunnies (not likely) I want houses like these for them!

Do we really eat those chickens?

Yep, Pick out the one that you want for tonight, Jonah.

It's gonna get me Daddy!
Apparently goats do not like ice cream cones, that is what is all over the ground.

So much for a nice picture...
Maybe next time.

Lookin' for that perfect pumpkin!


Not this one!

Aha! That one looks nice!
(It's actually one of those jumping things for kids)


What?
I saw 22 pounds, not 25! What a rip off!


Could have been worse, someone else left in that!




Jonah making sure the pumpkin is okay on the way home.

Let me just say, those were the best donuts I've ever had. Didn't drink the cider, but at 6.50 a gallon, it better have been good!


2 comments:

Strawser 6 said...

Looks like a lot of fun. The Pumpkin patch here is like that too. About $15 a person to get in, then you have to buy food, and even pay for the pumpkin you pick. But it's such a fun day that it's almost worth it. Ours is the Belvedere Plantation. We might go this weekend...who knows!

Jonah and Noah crack me up...Selah doesnt know what she's in for yet!!!

Melissa Walton said...

How fun! We have yet to go to a pumpkin patch. We'll go in a few days since my parents are coming in town today. We're actually a little disappointed with the fall colors here. We expected them to be better. They are ok, but not the brilliant colors like you have up there!