Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Jonah's 7th birthday party

So you know how it goes, kids everywhere, lost of yelling, surely you forget to look for the quiet ones...


By that I mean Noah. And by the time I remember to look for the quiet one, he's found ink and stamps! And when asked what happened, his reply was "I don't want to talk right now."

Smart kid.



Uhh, first there was this NOISE. Then there was this SMELL... HELP?



Jonah wanted a Stadium Cake for the Buckeyes. He had a football party. (Don't look too close Jaclyn, I did not have time to go back and fix their heads, it was already 2 am.)


DAAAD, You're scaring me!

I think that upright may catch fire...


I'm just snuggling on my neighbor Ms. Carol

WHAT? Haven't you ever seen Bobofet in a soccer uniform playing football?

Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Noah.
NOAH? Back away, boy. Jonah's the birthday boy today!
Socks can be exciting if they are the right kind! (And apparently Hanes ankle socks in white are not the right kind. Silly me.)

Jonah's friend, Kyle, enjoying the wrapping paper.

Noah, can't be left out!
My boys had fun, and I think the others did, too. The adults passed Selah around- which she LOVED! She likes to be walked in circles and patted. Needless to say I don't always have time for that, I wonder why....
Jonah got lots of Legos, which are his obsession. He also got some OSU and Air Force things as well as a cool light up basketball and hoop. He then used his birthday money to buy... you guessed it, more Legos! And a pair of hockey skates. (Hockey costs a fortune, and the deal was if he wants to play he has to help. Not that the money for the skates put a dent in the bill, but we are TRYING to teach him some responsibility. If only he would clean the basement...)

2 comments:

Strawser 6 said...

Okay, first of all, I am WAY overly impressed with the cake. That's it! I have to take some classes. These store-bought cakes are getting old.
I'm glad Jonah was able to have such a great birthday. I cannot believe he is 7 already! Crazy! Just the other day you were running out of class at DLI because you could smell EVERYTHING! :)
Happy Birthday Jonah! And enjoy your new Ice Hockey skates. Cant wait to see you play!

Love of lilacs said...

LOVE THE CAKE! Great Job!