Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Selah's Christening

So there were 12 babies being baptised. And Selah was number 10. She screamed until it was #9's turn, and then fell asleep. So needless to say the cold water did not please her when it was dumped on her head. I think that there was only one other baby who cried while being baptised. And Selah definitely cried the most overall. In fact, I think that she cried more than the rest of them put together. I doubt that I heard more than 10 words. And they were really kind, putting the end of the alphabet at the front of the church- since we are usually at the back. Gee, wish we'd been at the back so that I could have gotten up and walked around with her...
Oh, well. Father Todd said it was fine if the babies cried. I am not sure that he will say that next month...


The boys look pretty scared if you can see their faces.

Jonah is smiling now, but Noah is still not too sure of this.

He's better now, hanging out with Uncle Jonah.
This was by far the best picture of the five of us.
I believe that my husband thought he was posing for GQ.
Selah with her Godparents, Eric and Tammy.

Here's the crew minus the Godparents.

Back row is my brother Jonah, his girlfriend Allison, my Aunt Pat, Noah and Bryan, GG(my grandma), my sister Rachael, and her boyfriend Zack.

Front row is Jonah, Rachael's daughter Brianna, Selah and I, Rachael's son Jacoby.
This is by far the most family that has been in a picture together in...well, I've never seen a picture with this much of my family.

I have a feeling i may get phone calls from Jonah's teacher once he goes back to school. This is a common look on his face. Always gotta get a laugh.

Apparently Bryan should have bent down a bit. Or picked up Noah!

GG and I with 5 of the 6 great grandchildren.
Too bad Noah had to be the jokester this time!

The only close up of Selah in her gown. I am going to try to put it back on her this weekend and take a few more. She might like to see them some day!
Thanks to Brian and Cathy for the gown!
And thanks to all you who came to help us celebrate!

2 comments:

Strawser 6 said...

It looked like a beautiful day. Congratulations to all of you...especially baby Selah. And so what if Selah cried the whole time...Jacie cried at 7pm for 3 months straight. So much for dinner plans with anyone!

Love of lilacs said...

What a beautiful famly! God Bless little Selah! Jaclyn! :)