Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Pumpkin King

That's the name of pattern Bryan used. I mean, Can you believe how artistic my husband is? (What a joke. Jonah said yesterday, "I wish my self portrait (for school) actually looked like me." Sorry kid, your dad and I got the short end of the stick on that one. You guys have no chance at drawing or singing or painting or dancing or...shall I go on?)

So they finally carved the supposedly 25# pumpkin (forgot to weigh it to see) on my freshly mopped floor. And since I only get to that about once a month, we shall be looking at orange pumpkin guts smeared across the floor until about thanksgiving.:) No one can say my house doesn't look lived in! Unless the mean it as how can you live here you can't even find a couch:) Talking too much again, I know.

Back to the pumpkin. Noah did not like how it felt, so he "supervised." You know, government like- in the other room playing with his fire truck!

Before the supervising got boring.
Hmm, yes I think that bowl would be a good choice for the seeds!

I guess maybe there was something on my left ear since Jonah and Noah seem distracted that way.

Don't forget Selah, she helped, too.
In her dreams anyway!


I think that the pumpkin was spiked, the fumes are starting to make me see stuff. Like hamburgers on the ceiling.

The finished Pumpkin King

I couldn't decide on the picture, so I took the easy way out and put them both up.

i think we have 3 "artificial" pumpkins, too. Those are nice because even though they are a pain to carve, you get to use them every year.
Only 2 more days- and then my kids will be on a perpetual sugar high until i hide the candy. Then Bryan and I will steal the best stuff and bribe the kids with the other stuff right up until Easter. (We don't do much candy here- can you tell?)
And the seeds were excellent. I'd take a picture, but they are gone already!

1 comment:

Strawser 6 said...

Awesome pumpkin! I think it's hilarious that Noah just 'Supervised'. That was Cavin last year. He wanted nothing to do with touching that stuff. This year he just repeated 'This is so gross' over and over.