Wednesday, September 7, 2022

So Much Static


We bought the little 3 (err, middle 3? )a phone a couple of months ago.  It's a Gabb phone so it's pretty dumb, but looks like a smart phone and has talk,  text,  and a camera. In theory, a little freedom... In reality they text me all day long. Here's an example while I was trying to grocery shop today.  oh but back to the first picture,  that's Elijah trying to listen to the radio. It's pretty finicky to get the Christian station. This kept him busy for quite a while.  I loved it because it was nostalgic... then he asked why it didn't just have satellite radio and if we could just get that somehow instead.  Nope.  This is great fun.  

He even told me how he heard that there are people who don't like bacon while listening today. He said he thought that was a joke but they were serious. I then informed him that he knows someone like that.  Mama Co-Ko. He was shocked, but I promised she was still a good person despite that flaw. 

This was the highlight of his month.  He's so desperate for "real math"  that requires a notebook to write answers in.  He trucked me into it today despite the fact he hasn't finished last year's math yet. I guess we'll see how it goes. It sure was nice to have excitement instead of a fight, at least.  

And then....HE ASKED FOR AN EGG AND ATE IT.  I couldn't believe it, but here is photographic evidence. What a day, I tell ya.  

This kid.  He found the yogurt makers,  still obviously wrapped from the move, and wanted to help.  It's hard to tell him no.  Although, I did tell him no, he just didn't listen. I decided he probably wouldn't break them and it was giving him something to do.  Maybe I'll get back into making yogurt soon,  though honestly the pressure cooker version is way easier and I should probably reclaim that valuable cupboard space! 

Look at this amazing snack I packed for the hospital from a friend's garden! They taste incredible and are the perfect size for snacking.   
She also surprised us with dinner (Swedish meatballs!) at Mass tonight. Y'all,  she's battling cancer and homeschooling her kids still at home (2 in college and 6 at home including a 13 month old) and she is always checking on me and Judah and being so thoughtful and giving. Please pray for her and her family, her name is Christy.

No comments: