Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Daddy's Baby

Judah refused to be "Mommy's baby" yesterday, insisting in being "Daddy's baby" despite Dad trying to make food. He was so happy to help Dad add lettuce to his wrap.  

Bryan took Judah with him to take the kids to taekwondo so I could clean up for book club last night and they stopped by a park. He sent me these pictures and I don't understand where my baby went. He also likes SO much like Jonah as a wee one. 

We were driving home a meeting at church tonight,  just the two of us (because Noah is learning to serve the Latin Mass so Bryan stayed behind with him), and it's all quiet in the car. I rarely have the radio on, I need that quiet!

Judah pipes up,  "Mommy,   you okay?"
Yes,  I'm okay,  are you? 
Yeah.  

5 seconds later he starts crying. 

Judah! What's wrong? 
CROCODILES!
CROCODILES?!? Where are the crocodiles?
Out there! 
Oh no! Did they get you? 
No.  
Oh good.  Well you should be safe now in the car.  

5 seconds later. 
"Bacon! Hot!"

Daddy told him to go home with Mommy and make bacon for dinner. But the crocodile thing...I didn't even know he knew that word!  And he said it so clearly. It must be in one of his books. Happy to report,  I saw no crocodiles and we made it home safely to make bacon. It's always an adventure!

Speaking of adventures, this kid (Noah) spent hours today making a wooden sword.  He ran away when I tried to take a picture-saying it was a prototype because the handguard cracked so I can't take a picture until it's final.  Hopefully, I will come back soon. 

No comments: