Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Food!

Well, today wasn't all that bad of a day. 

A nurse wrote back first thing this am,  and asked if Judah was taking his ditropan for bladder spasms. The thought was that perhaps spasms were causing the pain.  

As it turns out, no, he wasn't. It's been as needed even in the hospital, and we never ended up giving him any because we didn't see any evidence of any spasms. (Of course, hard to say as he is one.) 

So the suggestion was to give that 3x a day and continue pain meds. I'll spare you the work that it was to find a pharmacy with ditropan in a syrup for a child, and tell you after 2 hours of calling, I did find it. I thought we'd have it by lunch but I got a notification that it was delayed for insurance reasons at 1130. The message said I needn't do anything other than wait, so I waited until 3 when I started to worry we wouldn't be able to get it today. I called and we eventually determined that they had marked him as female and that's why it was denying it. 

Bryan picked it up on his way home,  but then I told him I hadn't heard him cry at all about it all day.  One of the side effects is urine retention and that made us nervous (seeing as how that's already an issue.) Plus, he seemed to be doing much better!

Long story short, he fussed just for a second in the bath but then went back to playing.  He definitely seemed pretty much normal today, so we have him Tylenol and his Bactrim and skipped the ditropan for now.

I do hate looking like a crazy person, but I guess if I can look crazy but Judah's actually doing just fine without intervention, I'll take it. 

He ate a bit better today, too!

Please pray we are wise in doing what is best to keep him healthy and out of the hospital!

Eating a "hunk," one of his favorite things. Mine,  too.

Getting make muffins. Dad is to thank for this disaster. (Note Elijah's concern here.)

He was such a good helper and so proud.  I suppose that makes up for some of the mess!

No comments: