Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving week


This was our first Thanksgiving by ourselves. It was our ninth one that we spent together- feeling old here! Didn't really seem like Thanksgiving, except for all of the food! (Some of you were there for T-day 2000. Good days. I can still remember Michael coming around the corner, holding his kitchen table onto the roof of Michelle car- with just his hand. What I wouldn't give for a picture of that! And Cook's dad putting the giblets in our first ever try at homemade gravy- Jamie and I were appalled. We had worked so hard.) The neighbors came by for dessert, and a little Selah spoiling. And Bryan's mom, step dad and 2 of his sisters came up Friday. Somehow I managed to not get a single picture. (So if you all took any, pass them this way so I can post them!) It is so nice having people come here, rather than always being the ones to have to travel. We had a nice weekend with them, and then on Sunday...
We got some snow.
Of course, they were calling for 3-5, and we got like a half inch. But the boys had fun!

Feeling like the abominable snowman.
It's kind of hard to move in all this stuff. And I am not even sure that I am warm.

The artists at work.
What did they create?

A SNOW BUNNY, Of course.

Which morphed into a fort.
Mind you, Jonah and Tyler were building their own on the other side of the driveway. And then, Jonah switched sides. Poor Tyler. ( I don't have a picture of the other one, but I assure you, they didn't stand a chance.)


Noah, driving blindly in the snow.

1 comment:

Strawser 6 said...

Ha ha ha ha! I always think about that Thanksgiving. I have the group panoramic picture in an album downstairs. Those were fun days. We should plan a reunion...Thanksgiving 2010? Sound like a plan? You let the people know that wont talk to me...:) I'll call the others! Where have the years gone?