Thursday, March 25, 2021

GI Doc Report


Don't you just love when you actually have a sleeping baby (what feels like for once) and the nurse takes you back to the exam room and tells you to undress him to his diaper. Yeah, me neither. There was a lot of crying after that. 
Nevertheless, his weight with diaper was 13#5oz. (His length was 24.25 but he was screaming and I wasn't impressed with her accuracy in drawing the lines.) Yay for some weight gain! He is even starting to look chunkier. 

The bad news is, the doctor thinks his issues are food allergy related. And since I've already cut gluten and dairy...it could be difficult to pinpoint what it is. He recommended adding no soy, eggs, or corn. I figure it's easiest to just get rid of top 8 plus corn now and see if that works. We could then add things back in. Hoping not to have to go back to the quinoa diet.  

However, the quinoa diet was a great weight loss tool. And i could use that aspect as my favorite 8 year old told me this morning...

E: Mom, you really need to start exercising. I hate to tell you but you look like you're still pregnant. 

-Yes. I do. But I need this sweet baby to give me a break long enough to do so.

E: you can just put him in the stroller and take him with you!

-True. I guess we really could start going for more walks now that the weather has been better.

E: umm, Mom. Walking isn't going to be enough for you. You're going to need to start running!

Well. It's all true. But Judah's too little for the jogging stroller and he's not too happy when I try to leave him with someone to shower! I've been thinking about trying the track so I'm never too far. Nevertheless,  I had a good laugh. So much honesty. You don't see that so much these days. 

Judah did hang out with Jonah while I showered this morning. They were watching the cars go by. 

 
We had our homeschooling group again this morning. Micah was a good babysitter. He was worried about Judah getting hit with a ball because the kids were playing basketball nearby, so he sat watch. 
King Judah during prayer tonight. Sometimes his cuteness really is just too much. 

(Also, Jonah hadn't changed after taekwondo,  hence the white garb. He hasn't taken up house-painting, don't worry.)

Then, there was a pause in prayer for the moth execution.

Selah tried to remove it nicely and safely but it wasn't coming when she called it. 

So Micah got out the salt gun.

He only managed to make the moth mad. Jonah wasn't playing games because he hates moths. Judah was along for the ride. 
Still unsuccessful. But a few more hits and he was out. Selah removed the carcass. We're safe for another day.  It's a good thing they weren't in CO with me when we had the moth invasion. That was insane. They apparently migrate through  CO. It's gross, that's all I can tell you. 

No comments: