Thursday, March 11, 2021

Boots and Bar-Day One

After a night I'd never want to repeat....we had a pretty good day! We missed Mass and were super late, but we managed to go to a homeschooling group meeting today. The kids had fun, and I certainly appreciated getting out of the house and talking to other moms!

Here's Micah being a Rockstar big brother when Judah was crying as I tries to finish a conversation. Lunges also make Judah happy. I'm starting to think he's very concerned about our health. If anyone needs some time with a personal trainer, let me know and I can add you to the schedule. 

Our meeting was in New Baltimore.  Some of you may remember that we used to live in New Baltimore our first year in MI. New Baltimore's claim to fame is the annual fishfly festival. For good reason, as we went to the festival and spent the whole time swatting at them or picking them off of our clothes. 

This sign however,is new. It took me a second to realize that it is in the shape of a fish fly. And who knew the tallest flag pole was there? It is tall, I can assure you of that. But really, a fish fly shaped direction sign...

As I said, today went much better than last night. You'd never know how much he screamed by looking at that sweet face. The doctor and the research mostly says it's only the first night in the boots and bar. Praying they are right. 

I thought I was golden for a bit. The kids all went to taekwondo. Bryan was upstairs working. (He's back to working cases already and missing life in VA. The kids and I, however, aren't missing much but the weather. We appreciate that he doesn't live his job but does it anyways to support us!)

So Judah fell asleep. Without nursing, he was nice and tired. I thought it was the perfect time to clean up the kitchen. I proped up that poor swollen leg...and started cleaning up the counters from the lunch mess. I didn't even get started on the dishes. But how can you get mad at that sweet face? Dishes can wait. Kinda, we ran out of paper plates. 

After dinner, Dad was willing to exercise so I could make smoothies. I know this kills his back and arms but the kid is so cute I can't stand it. 

No comments: