Tuesday, January 5, 2021

NICU Round update



So far, not a lot of news. They think they got a catheter in, but there's been no output so they aren't sure. Could be bladder is empty, could be malpositioned. 

His abdomen is softer than it should be. But there does appear to be some muscle.

He's passed meconium! This is awesome because it means his GI tract is working! That was a big question that we had. We knew there were no obstructions between mouth and stomach because they passed a tube down without issue to check. 

He still hasn't eaten. He's not at all interested.  He's very sleepy and calm. He hasn't minded much of anything they have done. It's been weird. He has thrown up a number of times and there has been blood. Mostly old dried blood but some red as well. They assure me that they believe it is from delivery,  not another issue. But he keeps gaging and then that, hard not to worry. Especially since he won't eat. 

They believe they have seen some dilated bowel loops on the x-rays. This will be watched, especially he starts to eat. 

A new thing has been thrown into the mix, I think it may have been called pubic symphysis. I wish I'd been taking notes because I'm unclear if that's correct right now.  But it's an issue with his pelvis being separated.  I'll come back to that when I have concrete info. Not sure if it is commonly associated with any of the potential diagnosis or not.

They also noticed something with the xiphoid process. But I do not recall what exactly.


No comments: