Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Home!

It's been such a disappointing year living here in the DMV. Between COVID and all of the political unrest this year,  we've gotten to enjoy so little of what the area has to offer. But I do love the little peeks of my favorite place we get here and there-like the Capital as we five home from the hospital. 

I can't seem to upload the video... I'll work on that.  Here are a couple of still shots taken before my phone died.  
Elijah won the first hold,  since it's his first time being a big brother.  He was ecstatic. 
They all got a turn. And they all wanted another. 
Thankfully (?) the Buckeyes game got out of hand and we didn't have to stay up for the whole thing.  We tried the little fleece wrap but that didn't last. He wiggled right out of that one.  
My favorite face to see at 2 am.
An even better view.  

So grateful for this little human in our life... and to be home with him! My bed was so incredibly comfortable.  And even better?  There were no vitals every 3 hours, no 1130pm bath, no 3 am blood draw, no monitors alarming all night (usually due to poor placement of his oxygen monitor saying his saturation level is like 43) and no one coming to do any procedures or tests. AND...he can be carried more than 6 inches from his bed, held while we eat, and we don't have to report what goes in and weigh what comes out! 

No comments: