Thursday, February 23, 2012

Aha!

Earlier this week, I came into the dark kitchen, as usual, and made a cup of coffee. I have this down to a science, as I am usually holding a grumpy 2 year old and he doesn't like bright lights in the morning. (Who does?) So I hold the sugar over the coffee cup in the light of the night light, and count to 4. Add some half and half, stir, and take a sip as we mosey back to the bathroom for a shower. Hmm, either I forgot to stir, didn't count very well, the sugar is empty, or....something. back in the kitchen, we turn on the offensive lights to find it was the "or something." The pour spout on the sugar is clogged. I assumed this was just from the steam from the coffee building up sugar on the spout. Silly me. Yesterday I watched Selah grab the baby wipe container and tear off into the kitchen. I've lived with her long enough to know this ALWAYS requires investigation. And I entered the kitchen to find her drinking from the just-cleaned sugar spout. Which was now , once again, clogged. She ran away, but you can see her how she used that baby wipe container to climb up on the counter and get the sugar from the cupboard. Looks like I need to lock even more upper cupboards, since I can't hide everything in one. Never boring with this one around.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Way too funny!!! If nothing else, that girl is resourceful! :)