Saturday, April 18, 2020

One Last Work Day!

Such a nice way to start the day...


Add in some scones...

And the moment we've all been waiting for! Noah's Portuguese Custard Tarts are ready!

Incredible.  Fabulous. Something you can dream about. For real, they were amazing. 

He then informed me that he even cleaned the kitchen. 
Hmmm....I think he may need more practice.  

Just a friendly war in the living room. 

I kept hearing this weird noise. I couldn't figure out what it was. Then Noah shows me his new bracelet. 

This is one of the kids' very favorite cookbooks. It's all desserts and every one has a big, color photo. It's seen better days.  So I finally decided it couldn't handle anymore duct tape and was done.  They were crushed. I felt badly about it and found another copy online and ordered it. Thankfully, I found a used copy because it was FIFTY DOLLARS new. I guess the knowledge that there was a new one on the way was permission to destroy this one. 

We ended our last day here getting the basement mostly cleared out. It had been a staging area for all the big and random things. So we mostly took care of that tonight.  However,  those big boxes are hard to carry, even when they aren't too heavy. Noah invented a way to make it easier.  That was so much better than just complaining!


No comments: