Monday, April 27, 2020

Mud and Meatballs

We decided to risk the mud today, and try for a game of kickball. The field wasn't too bad if you stayed on your feet. There was just one puddle by second base.
  

Selah was trying to stay motivated with some face paint. 


 (Behind her, you can see that Jonah wasn't staying on his feet so well. By the end of the game, he was mostly brown.)

For dinner, inline with everyone else trying new things in the kitchen during our shelter-in- place adventure, we made Swedish meatballs. IKEA released their recipe, so we decided to try it. I doubled the recipe, and had 31 large meatballs. I feared that I shouldn't have doubled it.

I clearly have no idea how to keep meatballs round as you brown them.  And I thought I burnt the front pan, so I baked them separately to not ruin them all.  But they were actually fine and the crispiness was enjoyable! 

Finished result. They were delicious. 
Noah and Elijah wouldn't try them.  Selah didn't like them.  And I only had 2 meatballs. Yet there were only 8 meatballs leftover. 

I'm not sure that Bryan, Jonah, and Micah NEEDED to eat so many, but they certainly didn't walk away hungry and there's just enough left for lunch. (And contrary to the picture, we did have green beans and honey dew as sides.  Not just potatoes and meatballs!)

We took a late evening walk to our neighborhood waterfall, tonight. Elijah was anxious to see it. I was happy to burn off a bit of those meatballs.

And whatever this Bush is, it smells glorious.  

No comments: