Thursday, April 23, 2020

Bryan Would Tell You It's Draft Day!

As a Browns' fan,  is always a day of hope.  But there's a lot of day before the draft starts so...

In case you're curious... this is what I normally see when I "sneak" into the kitchen to get coffee in the mornings. Jonah claims that the smell of the coffee doesn't wake him (crazy, because it wakes me with the door shut,) but I guess I'm not as quiet as I think, because he says I wake him when I get my coffee. I'll work on that...or maybe not because these kids would sleep until noon if you let them!

Noah and Jonah are on the pull- out couch. Micah is on ther top bunk. And normally Selah is on the bottom bunk, but when I got home from picking Bryan up last night she was on the floor on the bedroom. I was not about to move her into that bunk. Elijah was in the bed when we got home, and he I did move, but just to the floor.  The bunk is kinda like submarine life and doesn't leave much maneuvering room.  

Noah, and his Shelter-in-Place hair, had a special project today.  He built us a little table so maybe on the nice days, a kid can do school on the porch. 

Success!

Selah, testing Noah's handiwork. 

After building a table, he built himself a chaise to actually do school.  Here he is studying his science.  

For dinner we enjoyed steak kabobs and broccoli and rice casserole.  It was delicious. Steak kabobs are a family favorite, but most of the kids have never had broccoli and rice casserole.  It was always present at holidays growing up and one of my favorites. But it wasn't safe for all the kids so it's been scrapped from our list. I thought about it recently and was able to find a recipe from scratch easily made gluten free with no preservatives or other junk.  It was a nice addition!

And then, of course,  we watched some NFL draft. (We can't figure out how to watch tv in the living room, so we piled into the bed.) Maybe this will be a great year for the Browns! 

No comments: