Friday, March 30, 2012

Valentine's Dinner

I know, that was a long time ago. But I came across the pictures while looking for a different one. It was a rare gluten and dairy filled meal...and was exceptional. It took ALL day to prepare the meal, and that was with having prepared the dessert the day before. There were tons of leftovers to snack on for the next few days though, and it was SO incredible I am not complaining!! We don't really "celebrate" Valentine's Day here, but we do usually have a nice dinner. And heart shaped pancakes or something similar for breakfast.

Valentine's Day Dinner 2012


Pumpkin Ravioli in a Cream Sauce and Duchess Potatoes

Zuppa Toscana Soup

Oreo Cheesecake with a sour cream topping covered in chocolate ganache.

My phone doesn't take the best pictures, especially in low light. But you get the idea.

It was so decadent and rich. Absolutely amazing. Could easily be gluten free, but not so easily (or at least not tastily) dairy free. So it's the real thing. I cannot even express how good this was. Could it top Kahlua Cheesecake...I just don't know. I think we need to have a taste-testing!

Hope you all had dinner before looking at these pictures. We already ate, but I'm thinking I need something more now...and yes, I will likely blame it on Elijah!

No comments: