Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Baby Fever!

As many of you have heard, the kids have been relentless for the last year asking for a new sibling. So when we finally announced that they would be getting one, they were ecstatic. And I have often joked that I have no choice but to breastfeed if I ever want to hold my child. It's not much of a joke...seeing as how our whole family loves babies. As proof, I offer you Noah and Selah who sat and stared at a friend's baby when they were here for Bible study today. And then had a conversation with Jonah about how much longer the baby needed to "cook." 21 weeks sure does sound like a long time, especially to a 10 year old with baby fever. And he was promised that he'd be allowed to actually carry the next baby while walking. (Well, I wasn't pregnant when I said that. And yes, I kind of worry but we've still half the pregnancy to go. Maybe he'll lose some clumsiness in the coming months?) Don't be surprised to see him with the baby in the front pack, doing his schoolwork. I'm already anticipating arguments about how he can only work while holding the baby and such. But hey, at least they're super excited to expand the family! What a blessing.


No comments: