Thursday, February 19, 2009

Noah's 3 1/2!!!

So my friend, Melissa, had a recent post about wet sock days. (Her day was much worse than mine, though!) I HATE wet socks. The only thing that ruins my day faster that wet socks (baring a true emergency) is broken glass. I DESPISE broken glass. It makes me feel ill. It takes so long to clean up, and then inevitably, weeks later, someone gets a piece of it in their foot. Thankfully that someone always seems to be Bryan or I.
Rewind to yesterday...
The day started with Jonah tearing up the stairs while I was dressing Selah (mind you this is FIRST THING, before breakfast.) He yells, "Mom! Come quick! There is an emergency!"
What do I do?
I grab Selah with her onesie half-on and go tearing DOWN the stairs. Jonah hasn't even said the emergency yet. I don't hear any crying, but that makes me worry more- is Noah even breathing?
Then he says "Noah broke glass all over the basement!"
Now I am really worried. Where is Noah and why isn't he crying? Did he somehow manage to slit his throat with all this glass?
So I get to the basement in about 3 seconds (literally) and there is Noah, just standing at the bottom of the stairs.
"Are you okay?" I breathlessly inquire.
"Yeah. I'm fine." Noah calmly replies. "There is just glass all over."
So there I am, with my mind-full of horrendous emergencies, which can now be safely re-shelved until the next "emergency" alarm. I wait until Noah is safely out of the "danger zone," consider beating him, but decide to be grateful for his continued safety.
As I said. I HATE broken glass. It took me until after dinner to clean it up, just because I didn't want to deal with it. But everyone was alive and not bloody, no need to call an ambulance, life is good.


The broken glass was not only at the bottom of the stairs in the way,but in the middle of a mess, making it that much more fun!


With all of the excitement, my mom forgot that it was Noah's half birthday!
(I'm just showing off my two teeth here, waiting for dessert!)

Noah eating Cookie Crisp with bananas (Gross!)
There was a HALF of a banana in his cookies.

Snack was a HALF of a mini fruit roll-up. He and Jonah chose that. (I would feel bad, but since he had cookies for breakfast, that is enough sugar!)

What? Where'd it go?

Mmmm, it is SO good!

Lunch was HALF bagel bites and a HALF of a Salami sandwich.
(He was really excited to be able to make a whole out of his two halves. I was confused. Usually he gets a whole- and all of a sudden a whole is cooler...)

Don't forget the HALF cup, HALF full of HALF water and HALF juice!
(Oh, and Noah only eats HALF his sandwich- meat only. He always wants bread and never eats it. Usually he eats his cheese, but he was just too excited today!)

Today's "half birthday" outfit?
Swim shirt over Long sleeve t-shirt.
Swim shorts- over nothing.
And hockey socks to keep the legs warm.
(Bet you didn't know they still sold leg warmers these days!)

Noah's choice for dinner was homemade macaroni and cheese.
(I wasn't sure if the kids would eat it with the breadcrumbs, hence the half and half)

And corn dogs to go with that mac.
Noah's favorite.

Finish it all off with some homemade ice cream cake.
(I was trying to get a picture before Noah ate it, but wasn't quick enough, and in my haste didn't let the camera focus. But they were snowflake shaped cakes, and pretty cute!)
Next is Selah's half birthday...and she gets to try cereal for it!

5 comments:

Melissa Walton said...

Sorry it was a "bad glass day". You are such a fun mom to celebrate their 1/2 birthday that way. Never thought to do that, but now maybe I will. Although Ashlyn's birthday is in a few days and I think it's enough work to just put on a fun day for their real birthday! HOpe you guys are doing well!

Love of lilacs said...

LOVE the half birthday idea!!!!! Hap Birth No!

Eric and Tammy said...

Awesome idea on the 1/2 birthday! I am with you on cleaning glass and you have kids thats tough. Poor Noah though did it scare him? I can tell it scared Jonah LOL. Poor Jonah. I need that Mac and Cheese recipe it looks really yummy and thank you for another lunch idea the begal bite idea looks right up Mary's alley!

Jamie said...

okay you put WAY too much time into that. I would have gone with half of a present... like a noisy toy WITHOUT the batteries! :)

Strawser 6 said...

One more thing because I just read the quote on the side...
I'm with you on the long prayers thing...the other day this was Caden:
Dear God. Thank you for my Toys. I love my pirates. I can build them myself. Thank you for giving them to Santa to give to me. Did you get me a present for Christmas? Thank you for the pirate ship, I love it. And Cavin didnt mean to lose a cannonball under the couch. I will use my circus sword to get it. Thank you for my circus sword. And keep Daddy safe. Amen.
(and that was at dinnertime)