Saturday, February 14, 2009

Deep Fried Twinkies

So we only have dessert on Fridays...in an effort to be healthier. (Fruit is always allowed as a dessert, but the good stuff is just on Fridays.)

And this week's dessert was deep fried Twinkies.

YUM!

Healthy they are not...


First, you insert a stick and freeze Twinkie at least 4 hours.



Then, you remove the wrapper...if desired. (We desired.)


Then you have to convince the baby to give up the measuring cups so you can make the batter...or else, estimate.

Next, dust with flour, dip in batter and fry until golden brown.

Noah: I LOVE these deep fried Twinkies-take a picture of me, Mom! ....but I am not going to look at the camera. Ha ha haha
Jonah: These are my favorite dessert EVER!
Bryan: Mmm, not bad! (He was very skeptical.)

What do mean I cannot have a Twinkie?
I am MAD!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Yum. Simple as that!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.