Saturday, February 7, 2009

How Big is Selah? SOOO BIG!

HI! I'm Selah! I thought you might want to hear about what I have been up to (in my words, not my mother's...she doesn't always get things right!)


Well, I am 5 months old, now.
My mom keeps saying she can't believe how old I am. But I am just so glad to be able to do things now!
I can help Daddy cook breakfast.
(WHAT? You don't add a tablespoon of baby saliva to your crepes? You should try it, makes them taste so much better!)

I can pull hair hard enough to make it fall out, and pinch cheeks harder than the old ladies.
(You should hear my mom say "NO!" I know what that word means, but I pretend I don't so I can have more fun. Sometimes I even cry to make her feel bad for telling me no.)

I can sit up all by myself.

(But sometimes I get so excited I start dancing and knock myself over.)


I DO NOT like bottles at all, even though my dad keeps trying to shove them down my throat.
Oh, and I will only eat in that there rocking chair. Not in the car, or the living room, or the doctor's office. I have learned that I have complete control of my family's schedule and can dictate what we do or don't do. (I am having a blast!)


Here I am dancing again.
I LOVE sitting up. The world is so much more interesting!
I have 2 teeth, now. And they kind of make me a little grumpy sometimes.
(Mom says I act like someone is poking something through my gums. She just doesn't understand...)

I play with my feet every time I am on my back. They are SO COOL!

I can even take my socks off all by myself!
And sometimes I eat them.

I like to play with my toys.
(My mom makes me wear pads since I get excited so often and sometimes hurt myself. I am so embarrassed she put this picture on here!)

I enjoyed watching the Super Bowl with my dad.
(My mom NEVER lets me looks at that thing she calls a TV)


I have stranger anxiety and cry when people hold me or talk to me.
(Even people at the store! It's pretty funny to watch them backpedal and get away from me and my screams!)

I love making cookies with my brothers.
I supervise. Sometimes I add a little saliva when it looks a little too thick.

I prefer to sleep with my head against the side of my bed. That way, I am really mad when I wake up and I have a good excuse for screaming.

I weigh more than 14 pounds. Mom couldn't believe that I would tell you that. But hey, I got nothing to hide!

I really like to chew on things. The best part is seeing my mom's face when she catches me chewing on "dirty" stuff. She keeps talking about these things called germs.

So I often just have to chew on my hands, I guess they are okay.
Well, I had better get back to making someone yell and say "NO!"

3 comments:

Eric and Tammy said...

That was absolutely adorable! LOL I loved reading life through Selah's eyes! LOL You are too much.

Love of lilacs said...

WOW! She's gotten so big and chunky!!! I love that her ears are pierced! She looks just like your boys!

Jamie said...

Selah is absolutely the cutest little 5 month old on the planet. She's adorable. I cant wait to see her and hold her. She and Jacie will be such great friends. However, Jacie isnt the best influence right now...what with the crawling and getting into things phase we are going through.