Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Nephrologist visit

Today's stats- 
21 pounds 8 ounces 
30 inches long
19 inch head circumference

Not too shabby.  Especially given that we still haven't found a food he can tolerate directly,  and I'm still on a limited diet. 

It's 11 pm and I haven't heard from the nephrologist, so I assume the bloodwork didn't come back super concerning like last time.  

The draw was pretty rough,  though.  I need to find a better lab that I can take him to. They just aren't well equipped for, or experienced with, babies. It was traumatic for us both. I fully expect to require a second trip for another draw, but hopefully I'm mistaken. 

Judah, after seeing the Nephrologist but before seeing the phlebotomist. 

The day's going just fine. 


Judah after seeing the phlebotomist.  

Mom. I trusted you. I cannot believe you allowed such nonsense.  Take me home to my father. He never allows such things.

I finally broke down and spent $13 on a box of sterile syringes. We have a few, but they eventually come apart or break and they give you ONE for a 3 month supply of a daily med at the pharmacy. Ugh.  We're down to a couple of 1ml syringes, which means we need 2 daily. And a few 10.ml syringes because that is what Meijer thought was wise for me to use to give my kid 1.5 ml doses. Do you have any Idea how difficult.that is to accurately measure? 

Anyway, I'm so hopeful it's the only box we ever need because he should have his surgery before we run out and the hope is he won't need to continue on the antibiotics post-surgery. Praying that is so!

No comments: