Monday, March 30, 2009

The Big Trip- Stop Two

After spending a week in Gainesville, we moved on to our old stompin' grounds of Augusta. For those of you who haven't heard this already, I HATED Augusta for about 3 years out of the 3.5 years that we lived there. I complained constantly. But then we got really involved in St. Mary's and met wonderful people, (3 families which we were able to see on our trip), and I no longer wanted to move. I loved my house and my church and my friends...and it was too late. I will say, though, that after this trip, if a job opened up in GA for Bryan- we'd be there!

~

We got into Augusta- feeling like we'd come home. I truly wanted to cry it felt so right driving down I-20 from Atlanta. Just like the old days when we'd spend a weekend up in Gainesville. We went on to Ruth's house, and Danielle and her 5 kids met up there. Unfortunately, with the late notice of our trip, both John and Steve had to work, so Bryan was stuck with 3 women and their 10 kids. Never fear, 8 of those kids were boys and there was a Wii, so I think he was only mildly miserable.




Jonah: Dude! You can't so that!

Nick (white shirt): Wanna bet?

(Also pictured, Alex on the couch and Johnny next to Nick.)


Nick: TOLD YA!! Who's the man?


(Poor Bryan is reading Southern Living and there's Sarah in the background, trying to find a peaceful corner away from all the boys! She was the only girl besides Selah. She has 2 older and 2 younger brothers, Can you imagine being a guy wanting to date her?)



Jonah to Johnny: If you cross this line, I'll be forced to chop off your head!


Jonah: Well....I warned you!


Selah (with her little baby pigs sticking out): Daddy, I don't think I have bit your hand yet today...C'mere!"


Most of the kids, behaving themselves.


Danielle and her "baby," David- who's already 2!!!!!

(He was playing with the croutons while we were talking...)


Hope you were done with your sweet tea there, Danielle!

(Those would be croutons floating in it.)


Danielle, Ruth and I- and Selah, of course!

(Poor Danielle was miserably sick, and she still loaded up 5 kids by herself and came to see me! Thanks, Danielle! I would have showed up on your doorstep if you hadn't!!!)




Selah Ruthie hanging out with Miss Ruthie.

I wish Selah could grow up with Miss Ruthie next door, but since she can't, we will just have to come visit often!


Jonah and Johnny, acting like boys, I suppose.


Noah and Joseph-TAKE ONE.

(Johnny popped out from under the coffee table for this one.)

Noah and Joseph- TAKE TWO.

(Jonah had to upstage Johnny and actually jump in front of the camera.)

Thought bubble over Noah's head: You have GOT to be kidding me. Do you know how painful it is to be standing here taking pictures repeatedly when there are TOYS I haven't seen in a YEAR to play with????

Noah and Joseph- TAKE THREE!

Well, it could have been worse...

~

After a wonderful dinner (Thanks Ruth!) and lots of fun, we said our goodbyes (it was a school night after all-sorry!) and we headed over to the Ozden's for dessert and....

A trip to the ER?



Nah, look how tough he is! A gash in the back of his head is nothing to worry about. He's a tough one, alright!

(According to Jonah, he was just laying on the bed watching TV, and the two 3-year-olds KNOCKED HIM OFF! (Hmmm...) He whacked the back of his head on a corner of the bed on his way down, and ended up pretty bloody, but, being Jonah, didn't even notice. By the time he realized he was bleeding, it had mostly stopped! It could have used a few stitches, but it's the back of his head, so...scars make boys tough- right?)
Here's Bella having a ball in the jumping house in the foyer! There's Noah, the firefighter, in the background. A bit worn out, I think!
Bryan, Jonah and Brian, playing soccer on the PS3.

(Sorry for my child's shoes on your coffee table!! He really does know better, he must have been showing off his new Construction Orange Crocs- that Bryan hates!)

Noah: You are such a beautiful princess, Bella!
Can I go to bed now?

Noah, in true Noah fashion, still does "the head crawl" when he's overtired! (It was about 11 PM.)


Brice (7 months), laughing at Selah (6 months). He said she had a big belly. I think she was a little offended.


Brice: "Sorry, Selah! I didn't mean it. Can't we still be friends?"

Selah: Mommy! Get me out of here!!


It's time to head on to DC! I better make sure my star blanket gets folded up right!
We sure do miss you guys in Augusta! Hope to see you again soon! Thanks for a great visit!

1 comment:

Strawser 6 said...

now THAT was a lot of kids. And I thought our house was busy!