Monday, March 2, 2009

Apparently I am WAY behind...

So here are a bunch of random pictures from the last couple of weeks. I know there are more somewhere, but I do have other things to do...

Playing with the boys' toys when they are in bed!

If you look closely, you can see Selah's foot- meaning she is in her jumpy thing ( I still don't know what to call it) WHILE her dear sweet brothers fight around her. (For some reason, Noah prefers the broom over lightsabers. Probably because it is more dangerous!)

Noah, after a nap. Overdue for a haircut, maybe?


Bryan and the boys shredding "sensitive" documents.
They had a blast- the boys anyway! They played a game in which they picked up a piece of paper and "read" it before they shredded it. It went something like this, "Free Star Wars Ty fighter...really works and flies in outerspace...OOOPPS! Shredded that one!" or "Check for $1 million. OOPS! Shredded that one, too." They had so much fun thinking of cool things.
And when Bryan took a break they would come into the dining room and "drive" the sewing machine for me as I worked on Selah's quilt. (They loved using the foot pedal to make the machine work. I need to learn to say no- there are quite a few mistakes thanks to their "driving"...and quite a few thanks to mine, too!)

7.
That is how many bags of shredded paper there were!
Poor Bryan! It would be nice if the Army didn't put social security numbers on everything!

More broken glass.
The story is...
I was on top of the van (who needs a ladder?) changing a few light bulbs in the garage. I called Jonah to open the garage door to make sure the bulbs worked before I got down.
Now, we all know that if you ask one child to do you a favor, then the other has to find out what he is missing out on. (Unless said favor is "pick up your toys," or " brush your teeth," or "LEAVE YOUR POOR SISTER ALONE!")
So, the extra light bulb for the other socket (3 of the 4 lights were burned out in the garage) was sitting on the steps. And in true 3 year old fashion....Noah HAD to play with it! I caught him and asked him to put it back in the protector-seeing as how this was the last light bulb I had. He did, and then heard the shredder start up again, and ran off to check on that. MIRACULOUSLY remembering to close the door.
But, of course, he had set the light bulb in the door way, so as he shut the door, there was a very ominous crunch sound.
Broken glass AND an unfinished project...Lovely.


If you leave your yogurt unattended while your 3 year old is at the table....expect to have to get a new one.

Oh, no!
I'm outta here!

I kind of panicked (yes that is spelled right, I looked it up) when I saw this.
When questioned he said, "Well, I didn't know how to spell skinny."
Noah is now addicted to Legos along with Jonah. And he can build some amazing stuff, especially since he is 3.
Here he is, showing off his space shuttle- from timeout. (No, he should not have his toy in timeout.)
Why is he in timeout?
Because this was what I had heard:
Jonah: MOM! Noah wrecked my plane!
Noah: But I needed a wing and that was the only one I could find!

Jonah's poor wrecked plane.

Selah, eating the buckle on her jumper. I eventually had to change her clothes, because she literally would not stop- 20 minutes straight!

We had learned liquid measurements and conversions in "school." So Jonah was practising and Noah was making me some coffee. (Selah was just wishing she could join in the fun!)

More Lego projects.

Selah, ready to go shopping!

This one is for you, Tammy! (Thanks to the Ozdens!)
Her shirt reads:
"If you think I'm cute you should see my Godmother."
Selah, warming her feet.
(She did this all by herself. She even had to scoot to get her feet to it. Guess she takes after Noah!)

Do you like my new bunny slippers?

After 4.5 months, Selah still cries every time she is put down for a nap. She takes stubborn to a new level! (I thought Noah was bad when it took him 6 weeks!)

Noah, building a race car.

The boys "racing" their cars. Poor Noah, he just can't move as fast!

Showing off his car.

Jonah, showing off his.

Look! The hood even opens!

And you can see the engine!

1 comment:

Eric and Tammy said...

Number one I can not believe how much she has grown in a month! And she is sitting and has 3 teeth and alert what do you put in your milk? Or are kids from Jersey just slow LOL! The boys did a great job on the cars too! What fun. I just heard about GA, I am sure you will have a blast and I am also sure she will eat might be eventually but she will eat! LOL And let her know I do like her bunny slippers! LOL