Tuesday, September 2, 2008

This is it....

Actually maybe not. They have yet to start the pictocin. MAYBE I can still go home! I spoke too soon, they came in with the evil drug. 7:50 a.m. I am still hoping for a late lunch! Though I have to say that their choices are not all that inspiring. (There are a bunch of air bubbles in my IV. The nurse said it was fine, but I have to say that it is a little unsettling.) I am waiting on that epidural. If I am getting it either way- you may as well start it now!

Well, I hope to have a baby by 1. Both boys were about 5 hours, (sorry for all of you with long labors, but Pictocin sucks if it makes you feel any better!) So here's hoping for the same! Obviously we have internet here, but we do not have the card reader to upload pictures. So we probably won't have pictures up until tonight. (Bryan refused to bring the camera bag, so of course things get forgotten. Of course, we do look like we are moving in as it is.) I am still in shock, it totally does not seem real, though I am sure that it will be plenty real tonight when she won't sleep!

Okay, I am sitting here starving, wishing that they would break my water and start my epidural. The 5 hour labors with the boys were both AFTER the water was broken, so I am less optimistic by the minute. At least the cafeteria is on demand- and we brought snacks (I think). Feel free to call or email, I have my cell phone and at least sporadic internet service.

1 comment:

Strawser 6 said...

Okay, so you are literally typing an email from your hospital bed. Crazy technology!!!
Good luck to all of you! I will keep praying and thinking of you. And I can't wait to see little Selah!
You know...if you just put the computer right onto your stomach...it may force hrr to come sooner!