Wednesday, June 8, 2022

I can't keep up with the dishes or laundry,  nevermind with the blog. Time disappears right before my eyes these days.... here's another week or so.  

This was taken taken last week.  Blessedly, it hasn't increased, but it also hasn't decreased.  I'm over it.

We got a new digital piano,  as Noah and Jonah have started lessons again. I miss the real piano but this actually sounds pretty good.  Much better than the keyboard and can't just autoplay. (If I never hear "The Entertainer" again,  that'd be great.) You can also plug in or Bluetooth to headphones and no one has to hear a thing. 

Of course,  we already have trouble getting Noah's attention because he's always wearing headphones and I don't mind hearing the piano, so I'd prefer not that option.  But it's a nice option.  Here's Noah,  playing in the dark. He scared me because I couldn't hear anything and didn't realize he was there. Yay for practicing,  though!!

We made doughnuts for National doughnut day last week.  Boston creme. A lot of work. They said they were good but I didn't get the feeling they were worth the work.  We'll try again when I can eat them and better determine that. All in the name of science,  of course. (This was pre- chocolate frosting. The kids did that while Bryan and I saw the new Top Gun. Which was worth the work. A little cheesy, but Excellent.)

Micah,  with Judah pillow, playing ball with Judah

Tried again on the table top. Much happier. Too bad it cost hundreds to redo. Still cheaper than buying it, though. 


Got it for a walk.  I don't think Judah was as miserable as he looks here...

I found a seasonal creek- reminiscent of Colorado where most water was seasonal.  This is for you,  Caroline and Rita! You were missed on the walk. It would have been perfect for the kids on bikes and scooters. 

Dead tree.  Reminded me of Jekyll Island.  Not nearly as cool,  though. 

Behavior to the kids to a golf lesson. Judah disappears.  I call him,  nothing. I figure he's gone upstairs. I almost stepped on him, he was just sitting here.  Looks at me and says " Bug!" And then stomps his little foot! He wanted me to squish it!
Sure enough there was a spider in the corner. I used that little slipper to smash it.  I think he enjoyed it too much.  He keeps squishing bugs outside now 🙄

It's been a bad week for this kid.  Sleeplessness. Screaming.  Not eating or drinking. It's stressful and scary to not know when he needs to go in.  I don't know what's going on but I googled kidney disease symptoms and those are both on the list. Trying not to worry.  He goes in next week for an ultrasound of the kidneys and bloodwork.   Please pray for an easy stick and accurate results for both.  We won't see the doctor until the following week, and I'm just stressed about not being proactive enough. Prayers for wisdom are appreciated. 





No comments: