Friday, June 17, 2022

Adventures

At 2300 last night, I finally made it downstairs to pump after getting Judah to bed and I was greater with this sight. I had half a mind to wake kids up, but I really just wanted to go to bed. 

Glad to say that we were able to get it all cleaned up before we all left at noon.  Which is good, because this mama wanted to run away! Coming home to a messy kitchen is one of the worst things. 

Bryan, Selah, Micah and Elijah went camping this weekend. Noah, Judah, and I are in Ft Wayne, Indiana so Noah can compete in districts for taekwondo. It was a bit of an adventure getting here today.  

We blew a tire after the unnamed driver side-swiped a concrete divider downtown. All was fine until we got to Monroe, 15 miles north of the Ohio border. The tire blew and Chrysler no longer puts spare tires in their vans,  it hampers fuel economy. It just cost me $148 to replace that one toe,  with the insurance picking up the tab on the tow.  I'm really not sure I've saved that much in gas. 

Overall,  we had such a great experience.  It was only about 30 minutes until the tow truck arrived.  (Not fun on the side of the interstate but still.)

They weren't supposed to take us to the tire shop,  first because of COVID and then because their insurance doesn't allow a baby in the vehicle (!?!). But they DID take us. 

The tire guy knew we were in a hurry because I had called ahead and he got us out in an hour. Would have been about 40 minutes but my ringer was off and I missed the call. 


Such great history,  would love to go back!


And we finally made it to the competition! Poor Judah was so happy to get out of that seat and wander around!

No comments: