Tuesday, June 9, 2009

To answer a few questions...

I apologize, things are crazy here- as usual. I am not ignoring the questions, just swamped and having to always rank everything in terms of importance. Right now the dinner dishes are still on the table- as the sink is full and there really aren't any counters ( and I REALLY have issues with dishes in my sink, but oh well.)- and tomorrow I will regret having blogged instead of cleaned, but I just don't feel like it. So, I will try to answer a few questions we have been getting, and for those I miss, feel free to leave a comment or email, and I will try to answer them!
I feel great, when comparing this pregnancy with the last 3. I was pretty sick with Jonah- until 7 months, but the worst was Noah, when I would awaken in the middle of the night, I was so sick. But Selah was MUCH easier, and COMPARATIVELY this one has been a piece of cake. I am only sick in the mornings, and I am not nearly as tired as I have been with all the others- though I speculate that this is because it is not possible to become any more exhausted than I already am, as I have a 9 month old who still awakens 3 or 4 times a night! I am just very thankful that this one has been easier, with all that is going on!
I am still nursing Selah, as she won't give it up and drink the stupid formula. I thought we were making progress, but now I am not so sure. We have been buying the ridiculously expensive "ready-to-feed" stuff, as it does taste MUCH better, but she is still being pretty stubborn. Today was Day 2 of no nursing during the day, and I truly fear for her health. (I will not even pretend that I am going to deal with formula at night until she starts to actually drink it. I get little enough sleep as it is, and I believe that all of our neighbors do appreciate the sleep they are currently getting. The child may be little, but she sure can scream!)
According to the ultrasound from a few weeks ago, I am now 12 weeks along. The due date they gave me there was 20 December. I will get an "official" one on Friday from my Dr. (Hard to date because I was nursing.) I WILL be having this child before Christmas. If we stay here in MI, with this Dr., and she continues to induce at 39 weeks on Tuesdays (how we ended up with an anniversary baby, remember?) then I would speculate that the induction will be on the 15 th of December. But seeing as how that is 6 months away, yet, it is hard to say! We need the tax deduction for this year, so it will definitely be in 2009!
The boys are excited. Well, as excited as a 7 year old and 3 year old who have an 8 month old sister can be, I guess. They see how "un-fun" Selah still is, so I don't think the thought of ANOTHER baby to take away attention and make lots of noise is all that thrilling to them. But they do seem to be excited, they like telling people and talking about it and asking questions. They both DESPERATELY want a boy. Or a "Micah" as Noah puts it. I guess they see that a baby sister isn't that interesting, so maybe a boy will be better?
While on that topic, Bryan read about a gender predictor test (urine) that has just hit the market, and he couldn't help but buy it, so we should know with 82% accuracy if it is a boy or a girl tomorrow, and REALLY know late July, early August. We will let you know. (The things they invent!) Neither Bryan nor I really has a preference this time. We both think it would be much easier in the long run to only have one girl, but since they will be so close together (15 months) it might be pretty convenient to have another girl right now. It is kind of nice not caring! (This is very new for me, as I have only ever wanted boys- teenage girls truly frighten me!)
As for moving, we are hoping to leave Michigan within the next year (preferably before the baby is born so we can continue our tradition of not repeating birth states.) Michigan was never high on our list of places to go, but Bryan was offered 2 jobs when getting out of the Army, here and Connecticut- which gets even MORE snow, and already had a stack of cases waiting for Bryan before he accepted the job, and a promise of much travel and many late nights. The SAC (boss) there even told him he'd give him 2 weeks off to find a place to live and get his family settled, since he wouldn't be around much after that. Well, coming from Ft. Gordon where he was swamped and constantly worked late and weekends, this wasn't what we wanted to hear, especially since I was 6 months pregnant. Alas, we came to Michigan, and it's been fun, but we are ready to continue our mission to get back to the West Coast. Mild temps, mountain skiing, and beautiful views, it just doesn't compare. We will let you know when we hear something.
My "placenta brain" has given out on me again, and I don't remember the other questions, but feel free to ask them again, I apologize for forgetting!

No comments: